Friday, September 5, 2014

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

This may be my last post for a while as our quest to find the Washington DC plate has come up empty so far.  We almost had it a couple of weeks ago.....see the post below this one for that story. 

We have half a thought to take a road trip to the Mall of America when the Redskins play the Vikings this upcoming football season....thinking we could spot a DC plate at that time since I'm sure a few fans will be making the drive from the nation's capitol.  Redskins did play in Green Bay last season.....but we weren't doing this quest at that time.

We still call out license plates from out of state in the car.  I think we've seen every plate now a couple of times since we started the quest on June 30th....except for DC.

My kids are now having a fun time tricking me into thinking they saw a Washington DC plate......just to see if I'll go check it out.  I fell for it once or twice I have to admit.

Case in point:  We were at a McDonald's drive thru to get them some ice cream when Harper claims she saw a Washington DC plate in the neighboring hotel parking lot.  She's adamant she saw it and Sawyer seems to back her up on it.  I am almost sure they didn't but I'll pretend to believe them anyway.  So after getting ice cream I start driving through the hotel parking lot looking at plates.  It's not long before a cacaphony of giggles erupt from the backseat.  Fun times. 

Sawyer did ask me this question the day before the tv segment was going to air.  Not sure where he got this from but it went something like this....

'Daddy, when people ask me for my autograph should I sign my first and last name or just my first name?'

He really thought he was going to be famous.  Well, he was famous.....for about 15 minutes in the town of Kaukauna and its surrounding suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment