Friday, August 15, 2014

We didn't Capitol-ize!

My wife's aunt calls me while I have the kids at McDonald's playland in Kaukauna.  She's driving home from work and is behind a Washington DC license plate on 41.  Crazy!  She tells me how she was just reading the blog before she left work to catch up and then knew we just needed Washington DC yet.  Is this karma?  Or irony?  Or coincidence?  I had no time to think about that as I shuffled the kids (as they complained about leaving so early) into the car and we were quickly heading toward 41.

She kept giving me updates as to where she was.  Eventually she takes the picutre below and sends it to me. It's in our grasp!  Kids are complaining from the backseat about leaving McDonald's.  I express my disappointment in them for not being more excited about this rare find and the possible end to our quest!  By the time I got on 441 to get onto 41 she was following it by Northland Mall.  I quickly changed course and took the OO exit.....we were ready to put the squeeze on this black Kia Sorento.  How I was actually going to get them to pull over and stop was something I hadn't accounted for....I figured I'd worry about that once we got there.  We were only minutes from where she was tracking them heading down OO when I got the message from her.....'I lost them'.  Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

They were behind the El Azteca off OO somewhere she thought.  We both scanned the area frantically driving up and down each street.  I felt like a mouse looking for cheese in a maze.  Except this was a very cruel scientific experiement because the cheese wasn't there.  Where could they have gone?  They had escaped like specks of sand through clenched fists.  Only thought was they headed toward downtown but that search turned up empty as well.  So close!!!


1 comment:

  1. Darn!! So close, but maybe for good reason? You'll find out soon I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete