Sunday, August 3, 2014

$2 for Vermont

It's a Friday night with no plans.  After an intense game of family baseball, we head out looking for license plates.  We no longer get sitters anymore on weekends....this is what we do now.....please help us find these last few plates so we can have our lives back :)  We bribe the kids with ice cream and license plate hunting if they get their pajamas on.  We drive through the parking lot of a local favorite supper club/reception hall. Lots of out of state plates here ranging from Massachusetts to Kentucky to California.....we have them all however.  This is becoming a common theme now.  I ask my wife which state she thinks will be last and that we should place a bet to see who wins.  She picks Vermont and I pick Wyoming.

We eventually end up downtown and decide to drive through the parking ramp of a downtown hotel.  It's $2 to get in.  My wife left her purse at home and after getting ice cream we only have 4 singles left.  It's barely enough to get us past the attendant at the gate.  I wonder if it would have cost less if we told the lady that we were just planning on driving around and then leaving.  We should have done this kind of thing earlier because there are once again many out of state plates here.  But we have all of them.....so far.  We turn the corner and I spot a green plate.  Definitely not one we've seen before, and I instantly recognize it as Vermont. I call it out and everyone goes crazy.  My wife is beside herself.....she already lost the bet.....and I never even had time to determine the stakes.

We've added the remaining states left to our Summer bucket list.  Sawyer is shown below crossing off Vermont.

42 down 8 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment